We finally had a skiff of snow on Friday (about 1 inch--5 miles down the road there was 3 1/2 inches--I wasn't prepared to shovel snow on Saturday when I went to prepare the church for Sunday services). Now I'm in a town called Vegreville, babysitting (or rather, teen-sitting), and that means a lot of driving: to different jobs, to the dentist, to the city for a belated birthday shopping trip and dinner out with granny. Well, today it was pouring rain for most of the afternoon and evening. Wait till it freezes tonight. I'm glad I don't have to drive till tomorrow afternoon. I'm glad I figured out how to access my blog from away from home. But I didn't bring the camera. I can just taste everyone's turkey and other goodies. I'm getting my fill of home reno shows, since the kids have purchased more satellite channels than we do. What's interesting, is that the home renovators are frequently painting over solid oak kitchen cupboards just like my beauties, because they are "dated". In my mind, excellent quality wood in a classic style is timeless, never dated. Play with paint, play with tiles, stage all you want, but DON'T MESS WITH THE SOLID OAK!!!
I'm so glad, it would have broken my heart, your cupboards are so lovely. I suppose the only virtue of good wood is that you can strip the paint off it.
ReplyDeletehallo sigrun
ReplyDeleteja das wetter weiß nicht was es will
bei uns ist auch noch kein schnee
auch kaum in den bergen, die schiregionen warten
schon sehnsüchtig auf schnee
wenn ich richtig verstanden habe,
dann habt ihr schöne dinge günstig kaufen können
und gemalt habt ihr auch,
wünsche dir ein schönes und erholsames wochenende
liebe grüße
evi