Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Let's Declare a National Holiday

I know this should be on my green thumb side, the garden blog, but this special day is so important to me, that I decided to post it here. 
My favorite day of the year--it should be made a national holiday:  First Feed of Fried Green Tomatoes Day, which just happens--this year--to coincide with First Feed of New Potatoes Day
First I found just the right 2 tomatoes:
Then I sliced them and seasoned them.
Then I fried them in a butter and canola oil mix and just before serving--a teeny drop of maple syrup on each one.



And the 2-3 bite new baby potatoes, and 7 fresh cucumbers as well as some ripe tomatoes:


Bring on the fireworks!!!


 Till next time:  The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live. (Flora Whittemore)

2 comments:

  1. And here I live, in the southern part of the US, and I've never had fried green tomatoes.
    I think I will give your recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had them and didn't even know they were eaten like that until the movie came out years ago. Lol.
    Nothing tastes as good as food you have produced yourself. That looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete