1. The Prairie Gardens Cardigan pattern is up for sale on Ravelry. That was an incredible amount of work, and in spite of testing and tech-editing, a couple of gremlins have crept into the pattern, and I've made several updates. The problem is two-fold: in writing it to PDF, some of the chart symbols went wonky, but they were fine in the original word document--and the tech editors had copies of the word document. Then in another set of charts that I hand-drew, it appears that in the wee hours I don't know how to count, so I had the charts start on the wrong stitch. Fingers and needles crossed. Have sold quite a few patterns. One of the buyers is re-doing it in other shades, it is turning out beautifully.
2. I sent off Level 2 of the Master Knitter Program today. I don't expect it back until early in the New Year, since it has to be mailed around to 3 people for adjudication and then back to me. One of the projects was an Argyle Sock: we were not allowed to seam the leg:
It was so well-received on Ravelry, with lots of questions about construction and joining, so I'm taking step-by-step photos of a block and making a tutorial pattern, which I will offer for free on Ravelry.
Brown for my sister (delivered).
Black for DGD 3:
Hot pink with bling for DGD 4:
Denim ones for DD2:
This week we went to Wainwright to visit Kubota Man's sister who had come up from Ontario to spend time with her daughter and grandkids. Two of the grandkids had birthdays this week, so I made them these Crocodile Stitch Boots Children's Sizes
For the 5-year old boy:
And the 8-year old girl:
Their 12-year old sister really liked them so I will make a pair for her and send them up. The list has now grown from 7 pairs to 12 pairs. These are great stash busters.
What's up next? Some work in the greenhouse, seed orders by end of Month.
Trying to finish off a lot of WIP's (works in progress, or unfinished knitting projects).
More Log Cabin Blankets. These are made of acrylic leftovers from years of my, my sister's, and my mom's knitting. But for those bits that aren't long enough for Log Cabin blankets, there will be some Granny Square Blankets, too. I'm loving this one with denim joining color:
After Mom died, I made up my mind to do volunteer work at the Long Term care center. The need is so great. This first involved undergoing a criminal check. Mostly I've been going on "field trips" with residents on the Handi-bus. What stories some of these old folks can tell. And during those outings I feel I'm with Mom and at the same time I miss her greatly. In September we had a family reunion/Bday party in honor of Mom. This was organized by some grandchildren, and will become an annual affair.
Add that to my Thursday afternoon volunteer work at school, teaching Religion, and I barely have time for housework or any of those other things. I truly believe unwashed windows make the house stronger.
Oh, yes, I hear my ripening tomatoes calling me to freeze them, too. (Tomorrow morning's job).
Till next time: Mirror Mirror on the wall, I am my Mother after all.





Hallo Sigrun,
ReplyDeletewahnsinn was du alles genadelt hast,
die crocodile shoes, wonderful
LG Evi
Hi Sigrun! Weaving at you all the way from Western Pennsylvania :) I love your projects, The argyle sock:WOW!!
ReplyDeleteWaving back at you. Can I send snow?
ReplyDelete