Six more pairs of Crocodile Stitch boots:
for niece:
For oldest granddaughter
For DD3
For DD1 (rose) and a grand-niece (blue)
For GD2
Converse-like for Nephew-in-Law
For DS and DD3's BF, I added a sturdy sole of crocheted thermal stitch. The boys were over-the-moon about these. I really made them as a joke, since neither one wears slippers, but they didn't take them off all day. I took a basic (poorly-translated) pattern from Ravelry, modified it for better fit, and added the sole and the band around the sole. I am thinking about writing up a complete pattern. I will definitely write a pattern for the sole.
These pictures are of two different pairs--the top is darker red.
Now for some other good news. Master Knitter Level 2 came back. All the projects were accepted, but I have to improve 4 swatches and clarify some written work. The big written pieces: 4 book reviews and a report on the History of Knitting were accepted. As soon as I get those results back it will be on with Level 3.
And the best news of all. I've had a design accepted for publication in a magazine. I got the news a week before Christmas. They immediately ordered yarn for the sample garment. As of today it has not arrived. I have to have the good draft of the pattern, with charts and schematics as well as the sample sweater, back in Ohio no later than January 24/2013. The yarn is a pale color of KnitPicks Palette I've been swatching with another color of the same yarn and have based the pattern calculations on that gauge. Hope the color difference doesn't present me with a gauge difference.
I work well on adrenaline rushes.
I signed up for two
Two out of three seed orders are in, the plants for the greenhouse have been ordered for a long time. We will be starting that work mid-February.
Craftsy Classes -- one is on double-knitting and one is on using Excel to calculate pattern sizing. Since my next design is a double-knit vest, and I am doing lots of patterns, you can guess why I chose these. But I haven't had time to work through them yet.
I'm only about 300 m short of 30 000 metres knit this year (see Knitmeter widget on right side of page). I'm hurrying through DD3's purse, that'll put me over before the New Year.
New Year's resolutions:
--post more often on this blog.
--finish Master Knitter Level 3--or at least most of it.
--continue with year 3 of the yarn diet (I'm loving shopping in the stash).
--fitness and weight resolutions
--get back to sewing
--get my last bit of renos finished
--lots of unfinished projects finished.
--added: to read and comment on my friends' blogs more often.
Till next time: I wish you all a belated Merry Christmas, a glorious, healthy, productive, prosperous, Happy New Year.






Ohh congrats to you on your publication AND on the Level 2 "graduation!" Happy New Years to you and best wishes on a happy, healthy and fun 2014! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you--and I added one more resolution: to look at and comment on friends' blogs more often.
DeleteCongratulations on the design and also on the Masters knitters work. Lots of hours involved with both.
ReplyDeleteI love all your booties, especially the All-Stars! Congrats on getting a pattern published and the progress you have made on the Master Knitting program.
ReplyDeleteYou are always such a busy lady. The slippers/shoes are so fun.
ReplyDelete