I ♥ the Mandala Sweater.
I ♥that it's knit in squares from the outside towards the center.
I ♥ the rustic yarn and the colors.
But I don't like the very wide sleeves, so I plan to try to knit them to shape. I also realized that when I started this it was OK to wear a sweater with 6" positive ease, but that has changed, so I will be re-knitting the body squares that are already finished. I ripped the first one out quickly and re-knit it quickly to ease the pain. I won't be ripping the sleeves till I'm positive that the shaped form will work. So that means I will be making the 8 body squares first to make sure I'll have enough yarn to make a third sleeve.
So, the process went something like this: The chart shows the original square sleeve, with the tapered modification drawn in:
These are the original big-square sleeves:
Completed, smaller, body squares, some blocked, some rumpled, the beginning of a seam:
The first part of the sleeve modification, worked with short rows:
Till next time: Nothing profound to say, just have a nice spring!!
Franquemont University Access FAQ
3 years ago





Liebe Sigrid
ReplyDeletewow, das ist ja eine menge arbeit so ein madala pullover,
wünsche dir viel spaß und erfolg beim stricken
Liebe Grüße
Evi
I am just now understanding (I hope) ease. I have a sweater ready to assemble and I hope I've gotten it right.
ReplyDeleteI too love the Mandala pattern. The Philosphers folks are just about an hour from me and I have been to their home/shop a few times. I have heard Anne say that she puts 10 inches of ease in her designs. Yikes! That's a bathrobe IMO. Good luck with your modification.
ReplyDeleteI have a Mandala kit and would like to knit it but I am put off by modifying the bulky size. When I bought it, Ann told me to just eliminate the outside part of the pattern and make the squares smaller. Anyone up for doing a KAL on this sweater?
ReplyDelete