Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Cats and the Mouse Play

 The Cat Silhouette Afghan is finished.  The first photo below shows a closer-up of the right side.  The second photo shows the wrong side.  Someone on Ravelry said this type of crocheting is not reversible because the back is always so messy.  So I had to prove otherwise. 


I finished the crown moldings in the Master Bedroom (except for painting), was all
gung-ho to finish the other last bedroom-- and realized I hadn't bought the moldings for the little bedroom.  My reasoning was: the MB walls are 14 and 11 feet long.  I was sure to make a mis-cut or two, so then those pieces would be useful in the little bedroom, and I would have to buy new longer ones.  But there were no mis-cuts, so I have to go buy some next time I travel.

I had an heirloom restoration to do this week.  Before:
Before:

After:

After:
After:

After:  Good thing the lady had a bit of the original yarn left.

The weather here is weird again.  Spring with raining last 2 days, blizzards today.

I had our priest out today to bless the house, that sheds a realistic light on this old saying: 
Till next time:  Only 4 Saturdays Till Christmas.


4 comments:

  1. wonderfule und very nice,the afghan,
    you have good work of restoration , its wonderful
    have eh good und nice sunday
    greatings
    Evi

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always---WOW! The afghan is beautiful and the restoration? I wouldn't have thought that was even possible! Wonderful work. The owner will be amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a multi talented person you are. Form crown molding to reversible crochet to invisible repairs. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was one of those curious kids who had to know how everything works and had very talented parents who showed me how. I've also been curious about mechanics, how to do oil changes and all that stuff--but didn't follow up on that, because it might have become my job.

      Delete