Monday, March 22, 2010

I Can't Believe I Missed my First Blogiversary

I forgot my own blogiversary.  Mind you, I have a lot of good excuses reasons for that.  We're getting busier in the greenhouse.  The renos are still going on.  I'm sure I will meet my spring goal:  to finish all the upstairs except the Master Bedroom (fall project).  I have only two walls left of the Living room, then the back porch, the remaining baseboards (on the walls that I still have to paint), and several miles rooms of wide crown moulding.  I've raised a lot of dust moving things around.

The Christmas stocking for Daughter #1 is coming along, there's progress on the wedding shawl with beads, and just for a lark, I'm going to swatch for a new sweater for Alpaca Man.

Kubota Man Jr. stopped by today to see us and to visit with his dog, who had to be retired to the farm, since he now has a job in Fort McMurray--3 weeks up, 1 week home.  While we had him for a while, we got him to castrate and dock the tails on the 6 new lambs.  Sadly, we found a new lamb drowned in a large pool of water.  The "fixing" is done bloodlessly, by inserting a tight rubber ring around the male lambs' scrotums, and alsy putting the rubber rings around the tails so they will fall off.  The tail docking is because sheep get their rear ends all poopy, and the long tails make the mess worse.  Then it is possible, even likely that flies may lay eggs there, and the larva may infest the sheep's flesh.  Also, breeding becomes more difficult.

I'm hoping to get the living room all painted this week, and the baseboards done.  While I'm watching the paint dry I will start some of the crown mouldings in the hallway and the kitchen.  I'll be really in the groove by the time I get to the Living room crown moulding.  I bought myself a new toy tool--an air nailer for the baseboards and crown mouldings.

No pictures,since I wasn't going to post today--but couldn't pass up the admission that I forgot my own blogiversary.  How could I do that, since I have met so many nice, interesting folks on the computer (and would probably have been finished the renos weeks ago if I hadn't been on the computer).

I have to make some confessions about myself:  I am addicted to Sudoku (the harder the better) and I love playing Mahjong on the computer.  The sudoku is one of the many kinds of puzzles I like to do--to hopefully stave off memory problems when I get older; the Mahjong--no reason, I just love it.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did either!

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just surfing by and dropped in for my 1st visit and throughly enjoyed myself. You are a very accomplished person with so many talents to share. Thank you for the visit and I will come again.
    Jackie
    Peterborough, On

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogaversary!!! It sounds like you have been wicked busy! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I read your blog and then try to keep up with you! So far, I'm w.a.y behind, but I get inspired to get going when I read what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary! I need to do some painting this spring too...I'll need to convince my guy that it's necessary though! Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete