First a glimpse of my beautiful world: An On Top Sunset Shades Begonia.
One empty and cleaned-out greenhouse--only 2 more to go.
Furry sheep: "We're just cooking in this heat. Please shear us!!"
I thought I took a picture of the naked sheep, but when I transferred the images--no naked sheep.
But I did find a "Furry Flower" in the garden. Very aromatic.
My rock garden, roughly cleaned. Needs another going over after the garden is all done.
Lovely lilies. I zoomed in on these because they are just the size of the last joint of my thumb.
I have finished the orange/fold mohair shawl with Swarovsky crystals in the border. Will share this after it is blocked.
I'm also busy winding Virtual Yarns 2-ply skeins, as I am planning on taking part in a Ravelry Fair Isle Design challenge. I ordered 1 skein of each color, and when the swatching is done, I will order the yarn for the sweater.
Now I have about 3 hours of work to finish cleaning the garden. I commited to 3 hours a week at the hospital to look after the flowers and shrubs. The unpredictable weather is making me sorry I agreed to do this. I thought that I would go on Thursdays: Put in my 3 hours in the morning, visit Mom in the Nursing Home, go to the nearest city 20 miles away for groceries --kill one day to get it all done. It has been either raining or drying up from rain. The hospital landscaping is all planted into clay. The folks who did it had not the foresight to improve the soil. The plants are struggling when it's too wet, and they are choking in the concrete-like mess when it's hot. I told the hospital administrator that the beds will have to be dug out this fall, and some compost/composted manure dug in.
If you would like to see more flowers, go to my other blog.
Till next time: Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God. (GK Chesterton) (scary thought)





Nice to see you again. Begonias are so wonderful. They just fill a garden with colour.
ReplyDeleteThat begonia is so gorgeous that my first thought was "it doesn't look real." How weird that I thought we could do better than nature can!
ReplyDeleteSigrun, I love your flowers...all of them (except the aromatic furry one) Weren't you afraid he/she was going to spray you? HOpe your days are going well. I just returned from vacation and I'm having a good time catching up. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteYour Begonia is beautiful! I sure enjoyed learning about your farm. We have those furry aromatic ones too but usually late at night.
ReplyDeleteThe Chesterton quote is coming true unfortunately!