Today is the last day of the Greenhouse season. Now I can give a few minutes a day to my neglected blogging friends. I have been sneaking in a bit of photography so I'll have pictures to post. If we have the rainy weather that is predicted, then I can start posting these. In the meantime, I will visit a few blogs a day and leave comments.
I have been working like crazy. Some of the flower beds are all clean and in about 3 more hours of effort, the garden will be cleaned.
My son's girlfriend and I spent 2 days together, getting to know each other. I let her choose whether she wanted to work with me, so we weeded together --she enjoyed it and found it very relaxing. Then we admired our dirty feet and hands. She also expressed an interest in learning how to sew--I just happened to have some satin water bed sheets (for which we no longer have the water bed). They were just like new, so I taught her how to make pyjama pants--she is a quick study and very enthusiastic. Also gave her a pair of socks in progress upon which she learned to knit st st, (In the bunny hole, around the tree, out comes the bunny, let it go free--the verse with which I taught my first graders to knit many years ago). All this was by her own initiative. We're going to get along just fine.
♥♥♥
Franquemont University Access FAQ
3 years ago





I'm so glad that greenhouse season is over. I was going to send you a frantic email in about 3 weeks, asking when I could have my tailor back. The weight loss is going well. Very well.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your (always) lovely pictures. And it sounds like you and the your son's gf had a great time. Bring her over to the fiber arts and craft side! :)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you Sigrun, take care!
It is good to see you blogging again! It is so cool your son's girlfriend likes to do the things you do. There is also a story about the momma bird (needle) feeding the baby bird a worm (the yarn) and letting the baby bird fly away. When my little knitters had too many stitches, they would tell me their baby birds forgot to fly away. LOL
ReplyDelete