First the big boo boo. I get bursitis in my hip. At its worst there is a sharp pain that makes my leg give out so I trip--well, today I fell down the last 2 steps of the deck (could have been worse, could have been 13 steps to the basement. I landed on my knees, picked myself up, and went to work. I moved a whole slew of shrubs across the yard since Kubota Man and I wanted to take some tables away from the tree nursery--we don't sell a lot of perennials, so the tables served no useful purpose. The shrubs were in the way, so I moved the shrubs first, then, with the aid of machinery, the tables were moved, and finally we carried the framework for the shrubs back to their new spot--heavy work--other than the odd stab, no problem. I also pulled a dozen posts after removing the wire fence--put the posts on the post pile--no serious pain.
I phoned the small engine repair guy in Fort Saskatchewan to see if a tractor part is in--yes, but my plans to go tomorrow got kiboshed since he was planning on closing tomorrow and taking an extra long weekend for fishing. I also planned to go pick up the ceramic tiles for the downstairs kitchen and entrance floor. I am sooooo flexible--I went straight to town, went to the bank, and picked up mail. The mail included the credit card bill which I pay right at the store. When I got to the parts place, no problem walking--next I went to Wal-Mart to get some activated charcoal to take the smoke smell out of some books my sister brought me, now the knee is really sore--went to pay the credit card bill, getting stiffer. Paid the credit card bill, didn't know where my keys were--must have left them in the truck. Found my un-chipped entrance key, got to the truck--keys were inside, doors unlocked, and the engine was running. Thank God no-one noticed--severe pain and attentiveness sure don't mix. Next I went to Home Depot, and got 28 boxes of ceramic floor tiles--by now walking was excruciating, so I let the staff load the tiles. Tomorrow I want to open all the boxes and make sure there are no broken tiles since I won't be installing these till winter and I may not be able to match them by then. Then they will go on a pallet in the shed till I'm ready for them.
The corn is all done, peas all picked, sheep well fed. Check out Weed it and Reap for an update on giant tomatoes.
On the knitting side, I finished Wingspan, a nice shawl/scarf made from one ball of 420 m of sock yarn. When I saw the long color runs in my sock yarn, I knew it wanted to be Wingspan.
And I finally got a picture of the new ceiling in the downstairs bathroom. I'm so proud of how the heat lamp and the fan worked--got the cutouts just right--only mis-cut one ceiling tile. The wooden box to the left is a coverup for a pipe that the plumber set so low I couln't drop the ceiling that low. When I re-paint to fix the little dents I put into the walls when I installed the ceiling tracks and slipped in a couple of spots, the box will get painted and disappear from view.
I have almost finished one sleeve on the Memorial Sweater, and have done a few more rows on the Illusion Scarf.
Have a great Labor Day Weekend, everyone.
Franquemont University Access FAQ
3 years ago





OUCH! I hope there is no serious damage to your knee. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI made the wingspan from some Noro (don't remember which one) and ran out. The scarf is pretty, but short.