Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Snowpiles made by Kubota Man.
 Beautiful, jeweled hoarfrost.


 Half the feed for the lawn-mowers with hooves.
 We are in real winter.
Happy to announce that the new countertops are installed.  The edges came unfinished (see picture above), so most of the week was spent with Danish oil, getting the edges to come close to the oak cupboards.  They are not as golden, but that is a factor of oxidation and light exposure over time.
On Nov. 11 we had a memorial service for all the deceased members of my chapter (I am president) of the Catholic Women's League.  That is I on the far left.
I am really getting there on the Christmas knitting.  DGD2's Newfoundland Mitts.
And matching scarf.  I did the striping totally randomly--it is just about 6 feet long.  The peacock yarn is the leftovers from a sweater which I made for her dad the first Christmas that her parents were married.
Remember the beaded cowl?  Same daughter, a cat lover, is getting these mitts.
My shorter list consists of:  mittens and socks for DD2, an ear-flap hat and fingerless, long gloves for DGD1, long fingerless gloves in illusion knitting for DGD3, a hat and socks for Kubota Man Jr., and a hat for DSIL.  Hoping to be done around the end of the month.

And last, but not least, I received my evaluation of the Master Knitter Level 1--I have two swatches to re-submit and two pieces of writing.  That's much better than I anticipated.  As soon as the Christmas knitting is done, I will work hard on Richard's new projects.  That man is so patient.  After New Year's it will be Master Knitter Level 2 and some knitting for myself, as well as more knitting for Richard, the Patient one.

And now some food for thought:  Ain't it true?

 Pop into the other side for a good Squash Soup recipe.

Till next time:  keep safe, stay healthy. LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE.




4 comments:

  1. All I can think to say is: You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had much time for blog surfing, though.

      Delete
  2. Hallo Sigrun,
    wahsinn bei schon so heftiger winter,
    tolle stricksachen hast du wieder gemacht,
    wunderschön den cupboard, kann nur staunen
    was du alles schaffst,
    ganz liebe Grüße aus Österreich
    sendet dir
    Evi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is beautiful! So is your knitting. I can't believe they asked you of all knitters to redo anything. You are a master knitter already.

    ReplyDelete