Monday, June 16, 2014

Life goes On and On and On, and that is Good

Must update so everyone knows I'm alive. Still so busy with chores and stuff, so no photos and nothing inspirational.  My apologies.  My resolutions list--won't even go there.
--Mandala:  no progress.
--Master Knitter Level 3--no knitting progress, only writing.
--Tech editing:  been editing some patterns for some designers/friends.  I like tech editing better than I like test knitting--must be that I like Math and I like pattern writing.
--hardly any knitting at all.
--Mascot costume for our Public Library:  they had a contest in the school for a logo/mascot--the one that won was an apple with a worm in it.  So I sewed the costume--just finishing the hat tonight.  That process is worth its own blog entry when I get some photos.  Because the worm has to be animated, I can't take a picture--will ask for some photos when the costume appears in the country parades this summer.
--Greenhouse has kept us busy of course.
--The garden finally got finished a couple of days ago.
--The hospital complex grounds and flower pots have all been planted.
--my weeds and flower beds as well as my own flower pots are not yet done.

Great news!! Our youngest daughter is getting married on July 5--she wants very simple since she and her fiancé have been together for a long time--her philosophy is that it's about the marriage, not about an expensive show.  They bought a home in February, and they want to go visit his family in Fiji, so she is being very careful about the $$$$$.  So in the next week or so I will be altering her wedding dress--a very casual lacey, beach-y kind of style.  I got DH a black leather vest, since he never wears a sports jacket--and his eyes lit up when I brought it home.  He will get a lot of wear out of that piece.  I've become too plump for a nice dress--hate trying them on--will likely wear the nice little shift I got for our granddaughter's grad.  It's comfortable, and in that style I look a bit trimmer.
--need to finish the hat for the apple costume so I can deliver it tomorrow.  I might even be able to plant flower pots on the deck tomorrow, since I broke my record of last-last-minute, and will actually finish one day earlier than the deadline.

Till next time:  keep safe and healthy, and God bless!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! That's lovely news. Also, glad the costume worked out!

    ReplyDelete