Monday, July 21, 2014

What kind of blog post do you like best?

I looked at the blog and was aghast again at how much time has passed.  I don't have much time to look at blogs either, but realize that there are different kinds of blogs.

--One kind posts everyday things, every day and there are not always pictures.  
e.g.Today it's raining so I am  going to knit (no picture), or a wee post with maybe a picture  (today it rained so I knit this sleeve).  This kind of blog makes me think it's a journal for that blogger, not so much for others.

--Then there are the blog gurus who post regularly, with pictures, and their blogs always have something new and fresh and usually interesting to say--it almost seems like they structure  their lives in a way to have an exciting, vibrant blog.

--then there is I--I do what I do, forget to take pictures; my life, while busy seems very ordinary, and every few weeks or months, the guilt sets in and a super-entry is put together with pictures, commentaries, etc. Maybe it's the notion that ordinary activities when seen like a marathon, somehow become more interesting or inspiring.  That's what I do.  This kind of blogging makes people say "How do you do all that?" (reading it like a marathon lets the reader forget that this is over a time frame of many weeks or months).

My judgement of different blogs is totally an opinion.  When I have time, I read all types of blogs, mainly because I have gotten to know some of the bloggers virtually (and in real life) over the years, so am personally interested in how they are doing.  But I must say that some are more inspirational than others as a model for "interesting" blogs.

What kind of blog do you like best? I'm wondering if I should post "ordinary stuff" with or without a photo more often, or keep doing it the way I have been:  marathon blogging less frequently.

4 comments:

  1. I happen to like ordinary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow certain friends' ordinary stuff. Keeps me in touch with them.

      Delete
  2. The only type of blog to have is whatever works for you at the time.
    I used to be very regular but when I went back into the workforce full time I soon found out that I couldn't keep things up to my previous pace.
    I post when I can. When I have something to say. I could have an amazing blog posting about things from my job but since I am not allowed to do that it doesn't leave much time for interesting things to blog about.
    One day I hope to get back to the way I was. I sure enjoyed my blog better then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is a writer, copy editor as a profession. Her writing is all on assignment and she gave up her blog. Her advice to me, however, is to write as if no one is reading. In other words, I guess, do what YOU enjoy, and if someone reads (and we do) it's a bonus.
    I love reading your blog because no matter what you say, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete