Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hi, I'm Alive and Well--Gotta Run

Yikes,  it's way too long since I posted.  If you read the title really fast, that's exactly how life is around here. I'm determined to bring the yard under control (not succeeding), there is still lots of work in the greenhouse--cleaning, repairing, and new plastic over them. The cleaning is my job (not getting there quickly because we've had a heat wave, and the greenhouse is even hotter), the repairing is DH's job--he's doing well,because he is a morning person who works when I'm still sleeping. The covering is being hired out, but there is prep work to do.
 After a few days of rain which left the garden too wet to walk into,  but the weeds grew like crazy, I'm  finally about 3/4 finished weeding the garden.
Add to that some knitting deadlines, a soon-to-be-published-in-a-magazine knitting pattern to re-edit, a wedding party of dresses to alter (5 bridesmaids and the bride).
I know exactly where my time has gone.
But I must confess, I sneak in to the computer too often to check on E-mails, Ravelry and Facebook.  Not a long time when I peek, but it adds up over the day.  So I have to go on a diet in that regard.

My immediate to-do list besides whatever outdoor work the weather allows is:
Finish a shawl for a gift
Finish a color-pooling test with no deadline, but a patient yarn dyer.
Finish a baby blanket that I'm hating working on--client chose the yarn, I'm not charging a lot since she is a friend of my daughter's.
Finish (priority 1!!) sewing a Christening gown (with lace from the mom's wedding dress) for a neighbor.
And DH needs a whole slew of hand-knit socks, since the commercial ones are too tight when his feet swell up with the heat.

Then I get to get back to my Master Knitter Level 3 and some knitting for Baby Addilyn (now 6 months old).  I'm not feeling so bad now that I didn't get tons of knitting done for her before, since she has grown so much.

2 comments:

  1. " a soon-to-be-published-in-a-magazine knitting pattern to re-edit, " Wow. That sounds exciting. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,it is exciting. This is the second one. Magazine deadlines are really hectic and when I find a mistake, or typo, I tend to go over and over in case there are more. And I second-guess myself and worry.

      Delete