Now I'm working exclusively on the Tinkerbell blanket for Addi, the newest granddaughter. Kubota Man was laughing because I normally finish the ends as I go along, but didn't do it this time, because I was entranced by how the picture was evolving.
I also recently finished this baby blanket for a commission. I do not like working with this box store yarn, but the neon colors were fun to work on. The colors could have pooled better to show off the intense neon colors, but it turned out really nice.
Santa came early to Addilyn. Since her mommy is an outdoors person, and it was hard to use the stroller in the snow, I felt they needed this sled. Addi loves it--she just chills out and when they get indoors she "sleeps like a baby".
I'm still in the midst of Christmas baking--finished only what I had to send overseas since I wanted to be sure to meet the mail deadline for Christmas delivery.
After processing all those apples, we were overrun with fruit flies. My trap really works. They love orange peels and apples. I put these in a disposable container, stretch plastic wrap tightly across the opening, hold in place with a rubber band. With a skewer punch 8-10 holes spaced around the stretched plastic and wait while they come to the buffet. The bowl of cider vinegar doesn't work as well for me as this method. When activity stops inside the container, discard and make a new one if necessary.
Till next time: As we are in the pre-Christmas season we call Advent, we remember that peace starts from ourselves. Peace within, peace in our relationships, then reaching out in peace and charity, until we receive the greatest gift from the Creator of Peace.







Liebe Sigrun,
ReplyDeletewahnsinn was du wieder alles geschafft hast, deine Enkeltochter Addi ist so herzig und genießt die Schlittenfahrt,
ich wünsche dir und deiner Familie
einen friedvollen Advent
Liebe Grüße
Evi :)