Monday, June 29, 2009

Kubota Family

By Jove! I think I've got it!! Thank you, Linda, for your patience with me. And thank you for Kubota Man Jr. for teaching me how to reduce my pictures so they don't take 16 min. to upload. I reduced them to 20% and they took about 1-2 minutes to upload. Hurray! Now I can post more and more and more.
Although there was no picture, I introduced you to Kubota Man on June 17. The first picture below is Chris, our third granddaughter, who loves to mow and mow and mow when she comes to the farm.
This picture is Kubota Man Jr. and his next-door-neighbor-buddy Carter. Carter loves to mow and mow and mow. They all prefer the Kubota over the smaller lawn tractor.

I probably told you already, the garden is in. There has been no rain, so germination is poor and some of the plants I've planted are struggling badly. I must go water tonight.
I finished one of Bev's secret socks that I was testing. Just enough to give her feedback on the pattern.
I will sew up the BIG man's alpaca tonight, and have started another one--you might say I'm test knitting my own pattern that I wrote several years ago. I generally wrote it well, but having had a long break from it, I can see ambiguities in it that I'll have to correct. It's a nice sweater. I might decide to submit it somewhere--when I find out how to go about that. But I'll have to re-knit it in a commonly available yarn.
My foot is killing me. Another time I'll update you about my automobile accident 2 years ago. I'm lucky to have feet or even a body to be hurting today. Enough said for now.
I'm sure that we will shut the greenhouse down after the weekend. Tomorrow I am starting to clean out the packs of bedding plants; we will keep the good plants till the end of the weekend. Then it'll be a quick cleanup, and we're done that job. The tree nursery is still going to be open till fall. But I will be free to work on MY endeavors--sewing ( 3 bridesmaids dresses for early August) garden, flower beds. OOPs I almost forgot KNITTING and KNITTING.
If we ever get a rainy day or two, I have some painting and ceramic tiling to do in the kitchen. We are ordering a new kitchen floor, and I'd like to be done my part before the installation.
Oh, yes, goody goody--I got my living room cleaned ( I admit I didn't wash the inside of the China cabinet, and didn't take the books out of the bookcase, just swiffered the books), but it is so much better. I even washed the windows inside and the kitchen and dining room windows outside ( I can reach them from the deck) The other windows are too high. I will be riding on a solid pallet on the forks of the KUBOTA to reach these windows. KMan said he will build me a cherry picker for that pallet so I feel safer. Isn't that sweet?
Till next time: The family is one of nature's masterpieces. (George Santayana)

3 comments:

  1. You are welcome for the help. Glad you got it all figured out. My project this year is to learn to knit socks, so perhaps I'll be asking you some questions as well. I could send you some of our rain, we have had quite a bit since last Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should submit! You have some great stuff and it'll be nice to see your pattern out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are busy! Sounds like you are into many differnt things! I like that. Make sure you share that pattern when you get it tweeked just right!

    ReplyDelete