
Praise the Lord for beautiful sights. This picture of my Fuchsia Girl Flowering Crabapple could be a Wordless Wednesday picture, but after all the winter pictures I thought I would green up and beautify my blog. The nights are still cold, and we desperately need rain, but Nature is evolving like it should, only later. We need to have faith.
The garden is slowly being planted. Maybe today I will finish the seeds. I hate seeding, don't mind planting plants, and LOVE weeding, as long as they don't get away on me.
The greenhouse is getting emptier, we are starting to compost the plants that are past their prime. Customers are still coming steadily; because of the cold they have been cautious about planting.
Now the confusion: (This concerns me because my mom has Alzheimer-type dementia). I got up, weighed myself-- DH had already set out the dry oatmeal, the orange and the instant coffee in the cup-- ground the flaxseed for the oatmeal, added the hot water, and put the oatmeal into the breadbox (instead of the microwave). OOps. Dialled up the internet, and set up the picture to upload while I eat breakfast. Porridge was cooked (in the microwave), poured hot water into the coffee mug, added the brown sugar to my porridge, poured milk into the coffee, forgot to put milk on the porridge, Aaghhhh! Fixed that, sat down to breakfast. Normally, I do Sudoku while I eat, but today I decided to do a logic puzzle--having trouble wrapping my brain around the complicated clues. Panic!!
No.....wait......it's not early onset of Alzheimer.....it's a deficiency. A deficiency that can't be fixed by healthy eating or a supplement.....KNITTING DEFICIENCY aka KNITTING DROUGHT. I think the medical field should study that one. Too busy to do what you really love best.
Till next time: Every grandmother has a drawerful of strange crayon drawings and oddly spelled letters that she wouldn't swap for the Kohinoor diamond. (Marion G.)





Oh, knitting drought. That is one that hits here on occassion. Mine finally broke so maybe it is moving north. Love the picture. Have never seen a crabapple like that before. Just lovely. Is it in a green house or is it foggy?
ReplyDeleteThat's one of our greenhouses behind it. I zoomed in to bring the flowers to the foreground, thus blurring the background. That's the blessing/curse of digital cameras. You shoot till you get a picture you like, delete the others, then don't remember what you did to get the good picture. :D
ReplyDeleteBeautiful crabapple blossoms!
ReplyDeleteOur local trees are flowering too, and our weather is parallel as well; uncharacteristically cool and very DRY.
I think that's what I'm in..a knitting drought. In fact, I'm sure that's it! I need some yarn therapy.
ReplyDelete