1. It is really raining here, for several days now. It is likely too late for the crops--our area had been declared an official drought zone with respect to the crops. It may mean there will be one cut of hay, but there will be a shortage of both hay and straw. It's good timing for flower beds, lawns, and gardens. Praise the Lord.
2. During this last week, I did a lot of work in the yard, in the house, and on the bridesmaids' dresses. Two of them will be easy fits, the third one is a puzzle to me--petite girl, small hips, normal waist and Huge bust (for all you sewers: her overbust measurement is 8" smaller than her full bust measurement). Will have to get out all my books on large bust adjustments--but I remember there is very little information on that adjustment in princess-seam patterns. Also did my regular work in the greenhouse and a lot of cleaning up. Made 2 trips to the garbage dump also.
3. Did a bit of knitting: finished sewing the Large, large Man's Cardigan for my alpaca friend. Also finished the back and almost one sleeve for the sweater that I'm loving working on the Honeycomb Sweater. (also for my alpaca friend). When I went through the boxes of his yarns, hoping for inspiration, I found that I had already started the same sweater in another color, so I'm partway through the next sweater, too. I might work on them simultaneously.
4. My order from KnitPicks came in--I ordered the Palette yarn for the "Little Birds" sweater (can't make this link work. It's in the fall 2008 edition of Twist Collective). I also ordered some awesome patterns from Twist Collective, the Harika socks, and the Sunflower and Ladybug dolls ( I figure I can make a dent in my Sayelle stash). But I need to do a pile of the alpaca and my Christmas knitting first. And a pattern for some beautiful kilt socks for my bagpiping nephew.
You are no doubt aware that my friends and I have a prayer shawl ministry in our church. Also, another project that I enjoy working on: In our church the children receive Holy Communion for the first time in Grade Two. For a little "secret" gift I give each one this little project. It is simple to make, uses up any kind of yarn ( I use synthetics, worsted weight). Inside the little pocket, I insert a poem called " The Cross in My Pocket".
Step one: Cut the 7-count plastic canvas pieces.
Step Four: Make copies of the poem. It will be a long strip, which is folded to fit into the deeper pocket of the little case.
I have the poem on a word document, multiple copies on one page, ready for printing. If you would like a copy, leave a comment and I'll figure out how to send it to you.
My son installed Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, since the latter was doing weird things, so that takes getting used to--like my list of favorites isn't perpetually open.
Now that I can upload pictures so quickly, I will catch up older pictures on the next post.
Oops: It's Wednesday--I'll do the Wordless Wednesday thing again starting next week.
Till next time: Slate Work (from Mc Guffey's Second Reader)
Beautiful faces are they that wear
The light of a pleasant Spirit there;
Beautiful hands are they that do
Deeds that are noble, good and true;
Beautiful feet are they that go
Swiftly to lighten another's woe.





Welcome back to blogland. You sure did get lots done without the computer.
ReplyDeletehallo liebe sigrun
ReplyDeleteboah ist die straminarbeit toll
gut das dein pc wieder funktioniert
wenn ich richtig verstanden habe hast
du auch einen schönen herrenpullover fertig gestrickt, wünsche dir alles liebe
liebe grüße
evi