Thursday, October 8, 2009

♫ Fa la la la la, la la la la ♫ ♪

Good morning, what?
This is what we woke up to this morning. Only 10 days ago it was 33 degrees (90 F).
This can't be--I'm not finished the outside work!! There are still beets, carrots, cabbages and kale in the garden!! (don't worry--they will be all right, I just know it will melt and we will have nice fall--pray, pray)




























So I will give us a bit of cheer. This is not this year's amaryllis, but it might help.














And a reminder to start practicing those Christmas carols.














I think I have an American spell-checker, because it corrected me on the spelling of practising. If I remember my spelling rules (British), the verb is to practise, and the noun is practice. I guess there more serious things going on than using a c or an s--as long as we understand one another.

Till next time: How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all these. (George Washington Carver)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is a lot of snow! It is really beautiful. I hope it warms up soon for you to finish your gardening. Your carolers are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. I always think that when the ugly in the US just plain gets too ugly (and this healthcare debate is about pushing some people over the edge) I will move to Canada. Everyone is nice there and I used to have relatives in Toronto, so maybe I'm really part Canadian....
    But snow - already? I don't know....
    Pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hallo sigrun

    boah schon schnee, hoffentlich kommen wieder wärmere tage, damit du deinen garten winterfest machen kannst,
    bei uns hat es bis jetzt noch 26° und sonnenschein gegeben, heute regnet es und
    es ist stark abgekühlt,
    ich wünsche dir ein erholsames wochenende,
    liebe grüße
    evi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminder:
    My Writer's Challenge link is up. Why not add a story to the rest. Just tell us about something really nice someone has done for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my. this is a lot of snow. I hope it melts as fast as it came!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SNOW?!?!? Yikes! Well on the upshot it looks lovely. But brrrr.... cold is coming!

    ReplyDelete