Saturday, December 17, 2011

Almost Christmas--Have-To Knitting all Done.

Since the last post, I've started and finished a lot of things (though not everything started got finished yet).  I've joined a Ravelry group called 12 Sweaters in 2012, and have a list made that will last me till fall.
Finished Projects
A wedding dress alteration.  This bride ordered her dress on-line, and it came in about 3 weeks before the wedding.  It had lovely lace, but that's all.  It had a lace yoke, 2 large rectangles of fabric for the front and back and 2 large rectangles for sleeves,and a ruffle at the bottom--8" above the floor.  She was in tears.  She and I are both believers, and her prayers brought her to me (she lives a couple of hours from me, we had never met, but we share an acquaintance in common). We minimized the sleeves, took tucks in the bodice, added to the skirt above the ruffle, stitched many pearls onto the lace, and added a silk grosgrain ribbon for the waist.  Pouf it out with a silk organza petticoat, and VOILA--a happy bride.
 You'll have to lie down--all my efforts to turn this picture have failed.
A neckwarmer for Mrs. Cratchit in A Christmas Carol at the Citadel theatre.






More fingerless gloves













"Goth" fingerless gloves for one of the granddaughters.  I made them worsted weight, bought some small dog chain collars at the dollar store, and some spider, bat and scorpion charms at Wal-Mart.

Also the Saskatchewan Roughrider dreads for Granddaughter #2 and boyfriend.  They had their toques in time for the Thangsgiving Day game.

A potholder made by deconstructing ( the potholder wasn't harmed--I just read a pattern off it)  a model potholder,in order to write a pattern for the owner to replicate:

Two pairs of Pyjama pants for Granddaughter #3--wild prints.

|A prayer shawl--actually an afghan.
Started:  Sock Monkey--just for fun.  I give all my children and grandchildren a new Christmas ornament every year.  Sometimes they're bought, but next year I want to make them.  I am going to start with a full size sock monkey  to learn the pattern, then make sock monkey ornaments dressed in Christmas theme, using very fine yarn to size them down (I'm thinking double lace weight or double sock yarn).
A Fair Isle Cardigan modified from "Mossbank" for a gift--aiming for a mid-Jan. birthday.


 And last but not least, a new visitor to the birdfeeder--a male pine grosbeak.  I didn't get a picture of the female.
I just remembered I forgot to take pictures of some more socks that were made since the last post.  Will add to next post.  If I don't talk to you till then, have a very Happy Christmas Season.

OOOPPPSSS!!  I just noticed that there is some duplication with the last post--blue fingerless gloves and bride's alterations--sorry.

5 comments:

  1. love the dreads...you'll have to post a pic of them being worn! You sure are a prolific knitter. So glad you were able to help the teary eyed bride. What wonderful work you do. Have a wonderful Christmas....and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress turned out beautiful I'm so glad that she found you and that you could help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wanted visitors to say Hi...so Hi! :) I love the fingerless gloves and the bridal dress! Both are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigrun, a very very Merry Christmas to you and yours. My cup is running over with happiness and I am sending some extra to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog! I love the grosbeak pic - birds are hard to photograph!

    ReplyDelete