Someone on Ravelry was having difficulty with this pattern, and since I had made Tigger about 10 years ago, and having no memory of difficulties with it, (evidenced by no notes on the pattern) I crocheted along with her. There were a lot of difficulties, even for me, but I'm an analytical person so I was able to cruise through flawlessly (in other words, fudge it--yes, I meant FUDGE). Kubota Man was quite enamored with Tigger, and suggested I make a few sets of all four characters to put away for those future grandkids and great-grandies. I'll take that under advisement. One good thing--Tigger took a lot of yarn and just over one 1-lb bag of stuffing (Next time I'll stuff the body a bit less so one bag will be just right). So the stash would be reduced. I had yarn bought for 2 sets way back 10 years ago.
It's raining again I am sooo (not) disappointed about not being able to go outside to pull weeds.
I've finally decided (after some more requests for the pattern on Ravelry) to work on the pattern for my Prairie Gardens Cardigan. I want one made sideways like
Hillswick Lumber (this is a Ravelry Link, sorry non-Rav readers). So on Saturday I ordered the yarn from
Jamieson & Smith in the Shetlands. I filled in the order, and pressed the final "submit" button and was about to go to my e-mail for the confirmation, when the phone rang--my credit card fraud division was inquiring if that transaction was legitimate--love my credit card company. The order was sent this morning, so I can fondle new yarn in about 2 weeks. ☺☺☺
Till next time: Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you land among the stars. (Les Brown)
My daughter's favorite character from the Pooh stories! It's really nice!
ReplyDeleteYour Tigger is adorable. He does look difficult to make; you did a wonderful job.
ReplyDelete