Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Blog; New Book


Am I excited!!! My new book Sock Innovations by Cookie A just arrived. What a gem. Well written directions. I immediately got started on a pair of socks--difficult choice, I want to make them all NOW. Then I discovered that I don't like knitting socks with stitch patterns in them. All my previous socks, the almost-100 pairs, have been plain-knit self-patterning socks; mindless, watching TV, quick turnabout, sense of accomplishment.

But I LOVE the socks, and I think my girls are also ready for something more exotic, so I shall persevere. (Of course, for the first pair I had to choose a pattern that could not be easily memorized). Will keep you posted. I don't mind charted patterns at all, and I love lace knitting, so I don't expect difficulties. Will have to keep a plain sock going at the same time for when I watch "House" and " Bones".

Am I excited again!!! My other blog "Weed it and Reap" is up and running. The reason for this move is that it is (or will be sometime soon) spring, and our greenhouse, then the garden, will occupy so much of my time that I will not likely have much knitting news to share. So, in order not to bore the non-gardening knitters, or the non-knitting gardeners, I decided to garden on one blog and knit on another. The site needs some work, but it's available.

Printing off the income tax tonight; assembling tonight; UGGH! writing the cheques tonight. ANOTHER THING OFF MY LIST OF THINGS TO DO!
New things on my to-do list? Alterations on a wedding gown, a flower girl dress, a mother-of-the bride dress and 3 bridesmaids' dresses. Wedding on May 23.
Till next time: We are "Just Mum" to our children. To our grandchildren we are possessed of magic, having lived in a time before time began. (M.R.G.)

1 comment:

  1. Is this a book that one would not be able to live without? Love knitting socks.

    ReplyDelete