
Well, here I am, working in the greenhouse. We're now officially open, one shipment of trees and shrubs has arrived, and I am still transplanting. Since most people don't plant sensitive plants till the 3rd week of May, or even the end of May, these late transplants will be needed later.
A view of one of our greenhouse alleys. That's almost 100 feet of plants you're looking at. My responsibilities are the seeding and most of the transplanting. DH looks after all the mechanical, repairs, "Honey-doing", and filling the pots for me. Even I can't believe that everyone of these plants was planted by my hands, in only 2 1/2 months. Actually, if I look at my hands, the cuticles, the nails, the dry skin--I do believe it.
Now that it's getting warmer (which translates into HOT in the greenhouse, we have to do a daily bug patrol--for aphids. Have to catch them and stop them before they super-multiply.
Sock Innovation book. This pattern is called "Angee". I had to adjust the # of stitches even though I got the stocking stitch gauge--Added 5 extra stitches by working them into the continuous purl column. After the first pattern repeat I really began to enjoy it. I'm planning to get some solid colored sock yarn or subtle color changes to better appreciate the patterns, particularly the patterns that resemble Japanese knitting.
I'm yearning to work in the flower beds and the garden. I'm just dying to plant my sticks. (watch my other blog--this week I will reveal the secrets of stick planting).
Time to go. It's almost 7 pm. I've got supper cooking.
Till next time: My grandmother is very patient. She would have to be with me around. (H.L. Age 10)







Sigrun- That's very impressive, and inspiring.
ReplyDeleteDo you let people play in your greenhouse? What a lovely view of all the plants and flowers. The sock looks like a fun knit. Must. Go. To. Barnes. Look. At. Book.
ReplyDelete