Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Have Come to the End of the Petunias!!!

Things for which I am grateful:
-- finished transplanting petunias,

-- tomorrow I expect to finish transplanting the last wave petunias and other pot stuffers,

--except for one seam, the first group of wedding alterations are done,
--we are healthy,

-- and many, many more.

Things that make me want to tear my hair out (but I don't, I just dwell on the above, and get myself to add to the above list ) :

--the weather. It is still below freezing at night, alternating rain and snow in the daytime. Even for us in the "Great White North" this is unusual, (+ we don't have volcanoes or hurricanes, and we have a comfortable house)

--slow business in the greenhouse because of the weather' (+ we might be able to catch up with our other work; don't count our chickens before they're hatched)
--we accidentlly locked a cat in the greenhouse (plastic covered, 2 layers inflated with air, $500+ per sheet. He/she clawed its way through both layers, a ragged 18" diameter hole, lost inflation, found it in the rain, lay in the mud to make temporary repairs, just before dark. Without inflation, the heating costs are much higher (+ we found it before dark so the repairs could be made. DH and I make a good team working under pressure. We rarely see mice. There are no rats in Alberta)
--DH gets cold at night, but his body radiates a lot of heat--I'm too hot. He snuggled up to get warm, didn't give me enough room to even turn over--I'm exhausted and grumpy, but he works so hard, I didn't say anything. (+ we have each other. When I don't feel well and get cold, I get to snuggle, too. While I couldn't sleep, I found the inspiration to solve a problem with the last dress alteration)
--the house is such a mess because we are busy in the greenhouse all day except for some hurried meals on the run, no energy left to clean at 9PM when we close (The joys of having your business in your yard) , and I am frustrated because i have no time to knit (+ we are productive in our senior years, our eyesight is good enough to notice the mess, we have a good house)
--test knitting a new sock pattern for a friend. Don't have appropriate yarn at home, won't get to the city for another week or so, dying to start, (+ will really appreciate that "me" moment when I go to my LYS again. I'll really be eager to start the project. The project can't distract me from other priorities)
--2 years after a car accident, I still have severe nerve pain in my feet and ankles. Neurologist ordered an MRI of the brain and spine since he is puzzled by the nature of the problems. MRI date not until Aug. (+ Considering the severity of the accident I could have been dead or crippled--considering these alternatives, I guess I got off easy. ++ We have a universal (though slow) health care system)
I just found another Prayer Shawl Ministry picture in my collection for future posts. That is inspiring to me, and reminding me that I have a white worsted lace Prayer Shawl to finish. It's not for anyone in particular, but we never know when it will be needed. (see one of the first posts where I share this ministry with my readers. ) I am on the left, and my friend and co-founder or our Church's Prayer Shawl Ministry--Jeanet, is on the right.
The crowning touch of my day's blessings, is the discovery of a new blog http://stitchingunderoaks.blogspot.com/, one of whose best (among many) features is the inspirational scripture verses and quotations that are posted there (the recipes aren't too shabby either). The Spirit works in miraculous ways.
Till next time: Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. (Thomas Moore, "Come Ye Disconsolate")--found it in The Shack

4 comments:

  1. oh how sweet of you to mention me. I'm glad to find your blog as well. I like how you replaced your frustrations with praises! I need to do that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry my sock is a frustration, but, like you said, you get to go to your LYS and get yarn! And, Tomboy yarn is on the way to me so I have one less frustration! yay!
    Loved this post. Sorry about the cat. But at least it was a relatively small whole considering...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigrun- So much of what we perceive as challenges has to do with our attitude. We must count our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my blog sigrun!
    I sent you a ravelry message regarding the scarf. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete