Sunday, December 16, 2012

It takes a Village...


I think I was Santa in a previous life. I love Christmas, I love the lights, smells, decorations, hustle and bustle (but not to a crazy extent). I love planning ahead, having everything done early to relax the last week before.  I love the religious preparations, the Advent wreath, the Jesse Tree, Christmas Reconciliation.  All (except a bit of baking and Christmas Day Cooking) is done.  All the Christmas Knitting--18 pieces since mid October--are finished (might sneak in another scarf,though).

It takes a village--that means all my decorating is done; when the styrofoam packing scraps are vacuumed,the pre-Christmas cleaning is done. Let's take a walk through the village:

There is a school, with teacher ringing the bell while children keep playing in the snow:
The greenhouse selling poinsettias, where an elderly man is feeding the birds:
Skaters on a frozen pond,and a fisherman, with wildlife looking on:
 Mail delivery and a hot dog vendor:


The entire village:  homes, a bakery, a church, bookstore, carollers and much more.
The lit-up village
 The nutcrackers standing guard over the village
The entire side of the dining area:
 The reason for the season. And it came to pass...

 Final Christmas knitted projects:
Rustic cap for Richard.
 Celtic cabled hat for Kubota Man Jr.
 Socks for KM Jr.
 Boney mitts--illusion knitting to go with DGD 3 skull scarf.
 Candy Corn Creature had and mitts for DGD1

Warm,lined Chevalier Mitts for DD2
An on-the-spur-of-the-moment gift for a friend at church
We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas:





2 comments:

  1. What a great village you have set up, and the garland around the window looks wonderful. Sounds, and looks like you have been very busy with your wonderful projects. There will be some happy and warm people on your Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Sigrun
    WoW, kann ich da nur sagen, das weihnachtsdorf ist wunderschön, deine Dekos eine Wucht,
    die gestrickten Sachen werden sicher viel Freude machen,
    ich wünsche dir und deiner Familie
    Merry Chrismas und a Happy New Year,
    liebe Grüße
    Evi aus Österreich

    ReplyDelete